Area Manager – East Anglia
|42.5 hrs per week over 5 days. Weekend working required. Additional hours when required|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and self-motivated individual who wants to join a growing and dynamic retailer, as an Area Manager in the East of England.
ABOUT CARDS DIRECT
We are growing retailer in the UK, specialising in high quality greeting cards, gifts, gift packaging, balloons and partyware at direct from the factory prices. We currently have forty two stores in high streets and shopping centres in the UK, and are continuing to expand.
Our purpose is Making People Smile. We pride ourselves on offering outstanding customer service, quality products and above all, value for money. Our purpose and passion of Making People Smile reflects our culture. We are looking for people who are fun, creative, energetic, team players, who share our passion in making both our customers and our colleagues smile.
Our team has a huge amount of experience in the card and gift market and we are fast becoming a well-known high street brand having grown from one store to over forty stores in less than 8 years.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all stores across a defined geographic area. Supporting & challenging store teams to maximise sales & profitability through motivation, inspirational leadership and the effective management of people, stock and resources.
- Recruit and develop highly organized, customer focused Store Managers.
- Coaching Store Managers to build strong, self-sufficient, customer focused teams, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Develop and implement an Area resourcing plan, (including succession, retention and employee development) and carry out appraisals & reviews in line with the plan.
- Dealing with all conduct or capability issues in line with Company procedures and in a timely manner.
- Implement all HR policies in line with current legislation and Company requirements.
- Act as a central point of contact for all employees requiring HR support.
Achieve budgeted profitable sales across all stores through:
- Working with Store Managers to understand and influence KPI performance through ongoing team development, store merchandising & business outreach.
- Share best practice, role model the companies’ values to deliver the company’s customer service levels, store standards and financial objectives.
- Act on local and regional opportunities to develop sales, including B2B sales.
- Act as a central point of contact for all customer queries / feedback.
- Monitor and manage adherence of payroll budgets & costs for each store.
- Monitor and manage stock holding within stores and across the Area.
- Carry out monthly store audits, till and safe counts.
- Formally investigate LP issues and take appropriate action to remedy.
- Manage store stock control processes, shrinkage & stock loss.
- Regularly review and feedback to Management all competitor activity.
- Ensure stores deliver industry leading customer service at all times.
- Maintain store standards across customer services, sales development, cash & security, merchandising, POS, stock rooms and store management, in line with company guidelines.
- Ensure understanding and strict adherence to company policies & procedures at all times.
- Ensure housekeeping, maintenance/repairs, security and Health & Safety are maintained
- To act as key link for all communication between Company Management, Head Office, Store Colleagues and Teams
- Live in the East of England .
- Holds a valid UK Driving license.
- Expected to spend the majority of their time working in / traveling between stores and stay away from home as required.
- Expected to work 42.5 hours per week with additional hours when required (usually 5 days per week however 6 days as required during peak trading periods, new store setups, etc.)
- Come from a high footfall, customer service retail background.
- Be hands on and have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to manage and influence employees at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrate experience of sales and commercial management.
- Demonstrate experience of compliance management.
- Ability to understand reports and put the necessary actions in place.
- Currently hold a senior store manager or area manager role.
- Be highly organised & PC literate.
- 28 days holiday (inc. public / bank holidays).
- Generous bonus scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- 15% Staff discount.
- Company car & fuel card (private mileage not included).
- The ability to make a genuine impact on the companies’ development and progress as the business grows.
If you have the right attitude, experience and skills and want to work for a growing and dynamic retailer, apply today.
Please complete the form below to apply