Store Manager Milton Keynes
Cards Direct Milton Keynes
|Hours: 42.5 hrs per week over 5 days. Weekend working required.|
** New Store Opening Soon! **
To effectively manage the store, maximising sales to exceed targets.
To deliver outstanding personal customer service whilst motivating and developing the store team to do the same.
To maintain the highest possible standards of merchandising, housekeeping and general safety whilst adhering to, and enforcing, company policies and procedures.
But, most of all… MAKE PEOPLE SMILE! Through the product, the prices and the service.
- Setting SMART goals for the team, developing staff capability, and role modelling company best practice.
- Calm during periods of high customer volume and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Displays a ‘customer comes first’ attitude by training and holding the store team accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by directly motivating and instructing the store team.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Cards Direct.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to team members to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals.
- Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
Planning And Execution
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure optimal staff development and recruitment.
- Utilises existing tools to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, to ensure effective store operations & merchandising standards.
Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store.
- Utilises management information tools and analyses financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Ensures product & cash security at all times.
- Utilises all organisational tools to ensure compliance to the company Health & Safety policy at all times.
Staff Development & Team Building
Providing team members with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Actively manages team members by regularly providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve staff performance
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Ensures team members adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Recognises and reinforces individual and team accomplishments.
- Utilises and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team resulting in an environment where team members are valued and respected.
Summary of Key Experience
- Progressively responsible retail experience
- Customer service experience in a retail environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times
- Interpersonal skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer service environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team building skills
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Puts the customer first
Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience
Works well with others
Listens and communicates well with others within Cards Direct. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive
Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop team members to achieve their potential.
Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritise and deliver quality results.
Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimise their impact.
Please complete the form below to apply